Friday, December 9, 2011

Gettin Ready for Santa!

So have you heard of Pinterest? If you haven't, you must have been living under a log for the last 6 months. This site is awesome!!!! It is great for us crafty people who love to make things, but really don't have alot of "green" to work with, if you know what I mean. I was so tired of "Favoriting" all of my favorite blogs and websites and having to go back into them to figure out what the hey I liked so much about them. So Pinterest is the answer!

When our baby"Owl" is sleeping in her nest, Mamma Owl gets to Pin away and get to craftin! I have made countless things for Christmas this year for next to nothing by using this site. All I have to say is, "Thank you Pinterest creator! Thank you!!!"

Here is a sneaky peek at some of the things I have made this season!
Tree skirt from an old table cloth and a burlap runner, with, you guessed it, a handmade burlap owl :)

 A berry garland from $0.69 berry sticks at Michaels
 Burlap covered vases holding the remnants of our Christmas tree
 An amazing free printable from the movie"Elf"
 Yarn covered wine bottles holding wintery twigs, a red bowl holding freshly fallen pinecones and a chalkboard made from an old disgarded picture frame and homemade chalkboard paint
I used burlap ribbon from Michaels on my tree thanks to the suggestion of a Pinner
 Ok, I know I didn't make this, but I couldn't resist! Found this owl hat thanks to a fellow Pinner who pinned an adorable etsy store!
My little Blue-Eyed Owl :)
An ENORMOUS homemade no-sew tutu! I've made 5 of these now :)

Ok, so that's just a sampling of what I've made in my spare time. So much other stuff including awesome recipes, Christmas gifts, etc., I'd show ya' but I haven't the time. Somebody just woke up from her long nap and is SUPER hungry :) Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment