Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby Bee Turned Baby Owl

by Rachael Nicole Photography
So I've started blogs in the past only to let them get lost in cyberspace, untouched by my hands for months and months and eventually die out. But this blog I am determined to keep up with. This one is dedicated to my beautiful baby girl. She was born this Fall and just turned 3 months old today! My husband and I could not be more proud of her. She is quite advanced for a 3 month old, at least we like to think so ;)

by Rachael Nicole Photograpy
I had a wonderful pregnancy. It was long, but it was wonderful. No sickness (praise the Lord) and no real complications. Just a little speed bump at the end, but that was fine. She was a very active baby in the womb, so much so I couldn't fall asleep til 2am most nights because she was still buzzin around. So in the womb, she was my Baby Bee :) Amidst all the Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream, Blueberry Morning Cereal, Granny Smith Apple, Sonny's Turkey Sandwich cravings, I also had many beautiful memories such as her first kick, her first hiccup (which she had a LOT of), her first ultrasound, etc. etc. It all went by so quickly, as time does, but it was brief, it was beautiful and I was so very blessed.

by Rachael Nicole Photography
Her birth was quite the event... She was a week past due (41 weeks) and needless to say I was becoming a tad impatient. I was put on bedrest due to high blood pressure the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy which made the waiting game all the more intense. We ended up being induced the week after my due date and 16 1/2 hours later, we had a precious baby girl. It was really intense labor, I hate that dang Pitocin! But we made it and ended up with the greatest blessing we could have everasked for. Our precious Bee :) We even had a great family friend of ours in the room with us to photograph the birth, so we got some really neat shots to cherish for a lifetime.


by Rachael Nicole Photography
So now, 3 months later, I have all these memories and happenings going on and no time to scrapbook or write in a journal, so I have decided to document the milestones with a blog post that she can read when she's a little older, if she's really bored and has the time. For now, I want to remember every little piece of the pie for myself, since it all goes by so very quickly. I can't believe my baby is already 3 months old... sigh. Before we know it she will be 16 and driving, 18 and graduating, 21 and have found the love of her life and then 25, and I will be by her side, as my Momma was with me, when she has a baby girl of her own.


by Rachael Nicole Photography
I call her my baby blue eyed owl, since 1.) I am obsessed with owls (her nursery is covered in them) and 2.) she has the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. Hence the name of the blog. I hope you all enjoy the journey. Going to catch you up on the last 3 months briefly in the next few posts. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment